Re: Delta ?

On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 07:20:15AM +1100, Geoff Richards wrote:
> HI folks
>
> <Archive snip>
>
> "(i.e. delta = filt(value_now) - filt(value_last_loop)). "
>
> </Archive snip>
>
> Anybody got an easier explanation of 'Delta' please

Delta is the difference between the current value and
the previous value.  It tells you which way something
is changing, and by how much.

Both values, in this case, happen to be filtered - probably
to remove noise (ie, reduce the effects of bad data points).

   Marc

--
  Marc Randolph     -    mrand@pobox.com    -     PGP keyID: 0x4C95994D
     If you have any info on the mid-60's car called the Bill Thomas