RE: Using 28F256 in a 747 instead of 2732A??????????

The difference in 28F and 29F is that 28F is "bulk erase" so the whole chip
is erased all the way. The 29F series is normally erasable in 64kB blocks. I
have lot of experience about both types and my preferred choise for
replacing 2732A in my 7747 is to use Am29F040 which is 4MBit chip
(512kBytes). The chip is 28-pin, but my plan is to make adapter from two or
three chip sockets - lowest is 24-pin, then one or two 28-pin and use some
connecting wire to get operating voltage to pin 28. And, because chip is
having much more storage my plan is to use BCD switch in address lines over
2732A to "bank-switch" other calibrations (usefull for Wifes, garage
mechanics etc, and maybe to pass emission tests - just for hint)...

Well, now I think that I'll make new PCB for the daugther board all the way
and put some other stuff to it too (like Atmel processor connected to both
ALDL and RS-232 buffering etc). Of course when I have enough "family free
time".

-Mika