RE: 2 bar map sensor

The new LS1 motors MAP sensors are 0-5 volt.  I kow this because when I was at
school I was team leader for the ethanol vehicle challenge, which converted an
LS1 to run on E85.  I also built about 5 of these motors, and designed and built
and installation kit for a vortech s-trim supercharger (have picsif you want to
see them).  I also know every table and map inside the 1999 truck ECU.  What we
did was to epoxy a 90 fitting where the MAP sensor was, and run it to an older
style map sensor.  Then we reprogrammed the map by using a mityvac and writing
down the volts out @ certain pressure (absolute). Seems to work fine, were
making 12 lbs of boost, setting no codes, running 5.5 g/s custom siemens
injectors, and on a 4.8-L, making about 400+ hp.  I also have a complete set of
shop manuals for the truck (spoils of being team leader).  Let me know if I can
help with the Ls1.

"Michael Adams" <michaeladams1@compuserve.com> on 02/04/2000 02:20:47 AM

Please respond to gmecm@diy-efi.org