Re: Ignition timing question

Me thinks the reduced timing/not in boost of your Sy is from the dizzy air
mix caused by the Vortec swirl heads, fast burn they are so, less timing?
These heads are great for low rpm VE numbers, big torque for little V6 but a
bit restrictive at higher air velocities/rpms.  My Ty motor does not have
the swirl port configuration anymore and my timing is advanced more as
compared to stock (also because my compression ratio has dropped too), so
this may confirm it.

Jeff M