Re: Timing, revisited....

If you do anything to change the VE, then ya gotta look at everything, if
only just a glance.
  I would expect more timing at cruise, and less at WOT.
  Fuel could be anyone's guess, but I'd try adding more, first.
For the cruise opimizing, I go with TPSv at a particular road speed, as a
guage and work the timing fuel back and forth till best (ie lowest
voltage).  However that might not be best MPG, but rather happiest engine.
Grumpy