'165 to '730

Ok, here goes a brain dump.. Feel free to ignore, reference Archives, or
provide
any insight..  (I've found bits in the Archives, but nothing
authoratative)

In going from a '165 (MAF) to a '730 (MAP) I've run into the follow
questions:

    1) How does the buffered VSS signal from the '165 get converted to
the "Hi" and
        "Lo" VSS inputs of the '730.  (I'm assuming that the 2000ppm and
4000ppm
        output of the '730 are not needed for my older speedo and cruise
systems)

    2) My trans doesn't have a 4th gear switch in it.  Do I have to
build a signal
        generator for it, or what will happen to the '730 if it never
sees the car enter
        4th gear?

    3) I couldn't find a EGR Diag input on the '730.  Do those cars not
check the
        EGR temp for proper opperation?

    4) I'm assuming that I can jumper the knock sensor directly into the
'730, by
        shorting out the disconnected ESC  connector.  Is this correct
that the same
        knock sensor used in the '165/ESC system can be feed directly
into the '730
        input?

Anything else to consider?

(I thought someone who was doing a 165/730 swap was going to put up all
the
 nitty gritty somewhere?  Anyone know where?)

thanks
mike

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~davis/z28