Re: '165 to '730

Everybody loves responding to their own posts... 8-)

I spent some more time Archive surfing  (are the new archives going to be free
of headers?  Search results able to be NEXT or PREV read instead of going
back/forth?  Just suggestions...)

I found in the archives where I will need a new Knock Sensor for the '730..
I'm planning on putting it in the Drivers Side block plug and running it into
the
ECM adaptor with the 3 extra MAP wires.  I also found/recalled that my original
ECM (1985 '870) did have the 4th gear switch signal, the '165 just didn't use
it.. I can adapt it back into the '730 no problem...  I'm going to walk down the

street and peek at a '92 Z28 to see if it's EGR has a diag thermo sensor, so
I guess the only real major battle is the VSS..

I found alot of references to the VSS and the '730, but not much on adapting an
old buffered VSS signal to the '730..  I'll keep searching but I thought I'd
update
my original post...

thanks
mike