From: Dan Plaskett <dynastydan@worldnet.att.net>
To: gmecm@lists.diy-efi.org <gmecm@lists.diy-efi.org>
Date: Saturday, February 05, 2000 9:45 PM
Subject: VATS elimination

I have a 61 Corvette that I am installing a TPI system on.  I have a 7727
ECM out of a 89 Cutlass.  I am using the Corvette 91 Aluminum heads and a 91
Corvette TPI intake.  I have a 1990 Hypertech Corvette Chip for use with a
manual transmission, which is what I am using.  Am I going to run into a
problem with the VATS which was installed on all the Corvettes?  Does the
VATS code reside on the prom or the ECM?  If it is on the prom how does the
ECM know what resistance to look for.  Is there a way to get around this or
do I need to have a custom chip burned?  As you can probably tell from my
questions this is all very new to me.  Any help would be appreciated.

Dan Plaskett