Re: rats! vats!

Kelly,
	You don't say which year you are working on. 93 is Eprom chip Based. 94 -95 is
Flash based and uses the 16188051 PCM. 96-97 is OBD-II and very little help is
available.

	Have you looked at our web sites? These only apply to the 94-95 PCM. If you
have a 96 or 97, you can use a 94-95 PCM to convert to OBD-II, this is a plug in
swap.

http://lt1.net/editor/
http://www.mindspring.com/~amattei/akmelect.htm
http://carputing.com/

	The second site has all the interface information. I personally wouldn't trust
the two transistor circuit while programming. The Max232 circuit provides a more
reliable interface. When programming the PCM, any data errors can damge the PCM,
so go for a reliable cable.

	Most street Rod swaps defeat a few more items:
VATS
Air Pump
EGR
A/C

	Some installations convert to Speed Density (eliminate the MAF).

	If you are using the 16188051 PCM, I can reprogram your PCM for you.

		Ken