Re: EFI (NC) and tool selection

> Congrats on the new toy! Darth Vader meets the Doc.

That's so funny.  My nickname with the nurses was Darth Vader, I did a
marvaless imitation of him, just before the surgery.  That might give a
better clue as to how bad I was.  It's hard to even look back, and recall
having to use short sentences to talk, and getting winded just eating.

> So, what happens to the X-fire?

The X-fire was just intended to be a learning experience.  Having never done
any chip burning, I wanted to keep my investment as low as possible.  I also
didn't have the safety of any lists when I started it.

 Is the TPI retrofit dead?

Nope, just will be going on something else.  Unless you mean the TTA
drivetrain into the 84 F-Body that is still a work in progress.
  I just wish someone would work out a dissy to 8051 code patch, and then I
would have to have a SBC tow vehicle.  Say an old 1500 PU.  Just convert the
TBI to a TPI, and add a Vortech.  I was reallu impressed with John G's
Laredo 9 (I'm not too free with praise, so that's a clue about his package).

> Just curious abut the RS Proscope unit that lasted for 3 weeks- was it
> useful before the smoke jumped out?

Real nice, using it on a laptop seemed to be the perfect answer for a shop
Scope.  I had a $50 486/50 color laptop, that it looked great on.

> I'd like to get something low priced, but it would be nice if it would
last
> for awhile.

Yep,  thats why I try to post about where, and where not to spend your
money.
Was nice to be able to afford snap-on, but now-a-days, that ain't gonna
happen often.
Grumpy

> Tom

HQ.