Re: LO3 TBI Total timing advance, how much?

I never, ever, look at timing that way.
Deep underneath things, you'll now want to try that and might ignore what
actually works best.  High 40s, I hope you mean maybe at cruise, with EGR.
   It's all testing, it's what the engine wants/needs, not something that
you've thought of.  "If" they match pet your ego, and put it away.  More
tuning F--- --- are caused by someone thinking that it should need
something, and they ignore what the engine is telling them.
  The other problem is once you reach the end of tuning to the gas avilable
is stopping, sometimes there just isn't anything you can do.  In some
applications, you might try some remounting off the Knock sensor, but you
can dig a deep hole real fast.  Remember plug cuts.
Grumpy