Re: LO3 TBI Total timing advance, how much?

Well, I guessed that because Ive got a buddy running a carb setup with
mechanical advance, smaller cam, swirl port heads, weaker exhaust, same type
of car, same displacement etc etc and he tells me his total advance is in
the low-mid 40s. No knock either. He could be confused i suppose, i dunno.

Still, just to satisfy my curiosity, any idea on the amount of total advance
the stock setup gm programs in there calls for?  I know theres alot more to
setting up the correct timing advance curve on a motor and than just total
advance but i doubt anyone is going to mail me advance curve graphs so i
kept the question simple