Re: LO3 TBI Total timing advance, how much?

There are numerous timing tables in the DIY_EFI archives, and in the
tuning.doc there are some from my x-fire TBI.  Also look there under 747 and
there is a VERY good posting about using the 747 as a timing only ecm, and
it explains all the computations for a TBI EFI system.
  That I know a guy is great for cruise night, and I've known people to give
bad info out in circumstances like that!.
Grumpy
  Yep, my answers often aren't popular..

> Well, I guessed that because Ive got a buddy running a carb setup with
> mechanical advance, smaller cam, swirl port heads, weaker exhaust, same
type
> of car, same displacement etc etc and he tells me his total advance is in
> the low-mid 40s. No knock either. He could be confused i suppose, i dunno.
>
> Still, just to satisfy my curiosity, any idea on the amount of total
advance
> the stock setup gm programs in there calls for?  I know theres alot more
> setting up the correct timing advance curve on a motor and than just total
> advance but i doubt anyone is going to mail me advance curve graphs so i
> kept the question simple
>

> At 03:13 PM 2/6/00 -0500, you wrote:
> >I never, ever, look at timing that way.
> >Deep underneath things, you'll now want to try that and might ignore what
> >actually works best.  High 40s, I hope you mean maybe at cruise, with
EGR.