How to identify eprom

First let me say that I am relatively new to the list.  I recently pulled a
7727 out of an 88 Cutlass complete with wiring harness for my TPI conversion
of my 61 355ci vette.  I am using a 91 Corvette TPI.  In my educational trek
through the archives and other various sites I believe I have learned that
most if not all of the 7730 and 7727 ecm applications used a 27C256 eprom.
First, is this correct?  Second, is it simply a matter of erasing the chip
(I saw some sites referring to special ultraviolet lights for erasure) and
using a burner to reprogram it with something like the software TunerCat?
Third, where do you get the original bin file to start with?  Thanks for the
assistance.

Dan Plaskett