Re: How to identify eprom

> First let me say that I am relatively new to the list.  I recently pulled
> 7727 out of an 88 Cutlass complete with wiring harness for my TPI
conversion
> of my 61 355ci vette.  I am using a 91 Corvette TPI.  In my educational
trek
> through the archives and other various sites I believe I have learned that
> most if not all of the 7730 and 7727 ecm applications used a 27C256 eprom.
> First, is this correct?

For at least your v-8 application all the proms, I've seen are 256.

  Second, is it simply a matter of erasing the chip
> (I saw some sites referring to special ultraviolet lights for erasure) and
> using a burner to reprogram it with something like the software TunerCat?

Just that easy, got to make an adapter for putting the memcal in the chip
burner, there are a bunch of answers for that,

> Third, where do you get the original bin file to start with?

One other point is that you need to start with a v-8 memcal.  I'd suggest
buying a new one from GM to make sure your starting with a "good known"
item.
Then have fun.  That will also give ya a .bin.  At the FTP there should be a
AUJP, that is for a 91 auto TPI.  Oh also easier to start with the right
tranny .bin  the IAC function seems to be very different manual to auto.
Grumpy

  Thanks for the