Re: GM ZZ4 chip ?

 Will the ZZ4 PROM that GM sells for the Camaro ZZ4 swap work w/ a Monte
> Carlo ECM? 87 LS w/ the #1228079 ECM?

I'm assuming this is for the carby setup?!......

> Working on replacing the LG-4 w/ a 406 long rod motor, retaining ALL
> emissions controls IF I can wring the most out of the engine.
> What are the ACTUAL differences in the L69 PROM and the LG-4 PROM?

I haven't read any of the carb chips, but have a ton of time in with CCC
Q-Jets.
The GM chip worked better then any other chip available for my 84 Firebird,
period.  I did extensive test on that car, thermostats, cold air ducting
carb optimization, etc
  Be sure to get a copy of Doug Roes The Quadrajet Manual, or what ever its
called,  The carb shop sells bits for new idle resistions, and some other
stuff.

> Are the 86 and prior PROM's compatible w/ the 87-88 ECM's?
> Will TCC lock up occur later w/ an L69 chip?
> Is it worth plugging in an extra 85 and 86 L69 PROM in place of my
existing
> 87 LG-4 stock setup?

No, I did that the gm prom is by far the best.

> The car is getting a SS 3.73 rear and a SS 'CZ' code built 200R4.....
> Headers are on the way.
> Will I see any benefit ?

Good/excellent choice on 200R4.  Might be too much gear thou 3.4s do well in
mine.
You just can't explore much IMHO with the CCC system

 Would it be best to wait and get a chip "burned"
> for this application?

I don't know of any one that I didn't already try.  Wish I hadn't just
trashed the carb stuff, I would have given it to you, Oh well.
I don't at all mean to sound smart but, you'd love EFI.
Grumpy