RE: X-Ram Crossfire intake

I've actually seen this up close and personal by the proprietor. He lives
about 11 miles from me and invited me to come check it out. I took a ride in
his '84 (the one in the pictures) and it's definitely faster; idles smooth
as well. It's a fairly nice intake and works very well, but I have a feeling
if you put it on a dyno with the original, you'll find a drop in low-RPM
torque.

It's definitely better than the original (unmodified) manifold, which is all
he advertises it as. I'd have to agree with Bruce though, the original
manifold can be made to work pretty well; if you know what you're doing.
$400 is quite a chunk and I do know it takes him a total of 17 man hours to
make each one. (And that's in his spare time.) I'm trying to help him get it
casted though, there are some people out there interested in it.

There's a few trick to beefing up the original (including enlarging the
runners) but otherwise it's quite a capable intake. Runners aren't as long
as TPI runners, but they do quite well.

Cross-Ram intakes are fairly finicky in the first place, so you have to take
that into consideration. If you're intersted in CrossFire stuff, I have a
page setup for different things I'm working on.
http://home.houston.rr.com/ken73 (if a file list shows up, click on
"index.htm" .. my ISP has been screwing up lately.)

Bruce; when are you going to take some pics of your motor/car/setup? I'd
love to see some.

Ken Kelly (#2)