Re: Crossfire injectors.

> (professionally) and dried for many days prior.  What was your final
> out come? did it work?  what would you do different next time?

I put the inlet in something of a box with the sides bent in at the top
to encourage sloshing into, but not out of the container.  It's worked
OK, but I've got no real method of testing just how much air it may be
drawing when it gets low.  TBI is probably less picky than TPI and the
pump won't see enough hours to determine longevity.

Next time? That's easy.  As explained in JTR's book... A small reservoir
(aka sediment tank) goes in between the tank and the high pressure pump.
Hi pressure pump is fed from near the bottom. Return is to the top.  A low
pressure pump feeds the reservoir but the reservoir has a tank return near
the top. Reservoir *never* sees pressure, but has just enough volume to
prevent starvation if the low pressure side should suck some air from the
tank during a hard turn/braking/etc.  An extra stopcock at the very bottom
allows for draining of sediment & water. An extra filter can be placed
after the low pressure pump for some extra protection for that expensive
hi pressure pump. Did that make it clear as mud?  I should really make
a diagram...

I'll build the reservoir for mine when I get the required fittings. I'm
expecting a 6" section of 2.5" pipe mounted vertically with the 4 or 5
fittings will suffice. Since I'm mobile already it hasn't made the
priority list.

> Unfortunately, due to the arrangement and style of the gas tank, i
> couldn't find a new tank with baffles and in tank pump that would fit,
> so that is not an option...

Understood. I bet something like
_______/     \_____
       \__o__/
where "o" is the outlet, would be much less complicated and work fine
with the sump.  I wanted to avoid any extra stuff hanging low.

<butthead>He said "hanging low", huh, huh</butthead>

BTW--filling with CO2, Argon, or whatever may work for welding a tank
but I feel much safer filling it with water. Requires some patience and
inventiveness keep welding surfaces dry, but infinitely safer for the
DIYer.

Opinions prolly worth what ya paid, but that's mine.
-greg