Re: rats! vats!

I am using 8051 alright.

I talked to several GM service techs around town and they say "oh you can't do that the VATS is programmed in and can't be changed...yadda yadda" Hell, even I know better than that.

Speaking of thinking, 8192baud is audible,(baudible?) has anybody ever hooked a walkie talkie to an aldl so they can monitor the car from the pit? Two way data transfer would be a bad idea, "excuse me, but your car seems to be running a little too fast. Let me fix that for ya."

How 'bout a sound card interface or maybe one of those old junky modems laying around. maybe pop a cassette into the car stereo and reprog. your car on the fly.

Maybe I should have another beer and shut up.

Anyway, I still need to flash the rom and kill vats, egr, air pump, and all that other useless stuff.