Re: How do you get chips out of the darn holder??

In a message dated 2/9/00 11:34:45 AM Eastern Standard Time, kereyn@gte.net
writes:

<< In my quest to acquire the various parts needed to do my tuning on the 747
 now have some 2732As and a couple of holders. The holders currently have
 chips in them. How do I get the chips in and out of the darn holders without
 ruining either? >>

Take the carrier between your index finger and thumb, with your fingers on
the long sides, squeeze slightly to bend the pins in a bit, then flip the
chip over and gently spread the carrier. Usually you'll hear the pins
disengage, then carefully pop the prom out. Thats how I do it anyway.