Re: V8 '165 harness modifications

| 1) The cold start (9th) injector circuit puzzles me... and I don't have
| the hardware infront of me to look at (just the harness, the intake and
| all is still packed away from my recent move).
|
|     |----------\
| Inj |          |
|     |-----\    |
|           |    |
|           |    |
|      |----/    |
| Temp |         |
|      |---------*---------> 12V
|
| Why does 12V go to the temperature sensor as well?  I thought the function
| of this sensor was to ground the (-) of the 9th injector to energize it?
| Or do I have this all backwards, as I understand it the 9th injector is
| powered anytime the coolant temp is below X degrees... am I right?

The sensor is a thermo-timer. It has a heater in it too. the sensor
grounds the other side of the injector for a time period based on
engine temperature. the internal thermo switch is closed until the
heater heats it enough to open. Similar in principle to the "old"
carb electric chokes.

| 3) 4th gear input to the ECM... this harness was previously wired to a
| TH700R4.  My application uses a TH200R4, which does not have the 4th gear
| output.  What should I do with this (now) unused input?  Ground it or
| float it?  What does the computer use this input for?  Highway spark?

Not sure... I'm thinking this does not go the the ecm, but rather only
to the tcc relay... tcc lockup only in forth gear... not sure...

| 4) Air injection: the project car does not have air injection...
| does the computer sense if the Air Select and Air Diverter solinoids are
| disconnected?  If so, what resistance does the ECM need to see to fool it?

no.

john gwynne