Re: V8 '165 harness modifications

Well, the only thing I have been able to figure is that they wanted a backup in-case of relay failure.  To the best of my knowledge, the relay operates whenever the engine is running.  Yes the relay does prime the lines when the ignition is first turned on, then shuts off until the engine is spinning.

I had a fp relay fail once.  The engine would hit a couple of times, then crank until the oil pressure would come up, then it would start and run fine.

Gabe