Diacom problems on Thinkpads (Was Re: 88 TBI issue)

> I have the Diacom, but am not all that happy with it, it seems really
> tempermental with my laptop, IBM 755. Plus I'm really not thrilled with DOS
> apps that cost $300... When it works it works OK, but I cannot count on it
> at all anymore- and it has lost the ability to link to any 8192 baud apps.

Tom, Diacom works fine on my Toshiba T1000XE.  Recently, I have been using
a Thinkpad 760C and also noticed the inability to link with a 8192 baud
source (1990 3800).  When connected to a 160 baud ECM (1228330),
I have observed intermittent errors: out of range data or trouble codes
specific to one frame.  There's about 4 or 5 obvious errors in a 200 frame
capture.  Does anyone have a possible explanation or workaround?  Thanks.

Kevin Wong         mailto:brougham1@home.com         Toronto, Ontario, Canada