Re: nostalgia

I was in the 9th grade in high school when I designed my first 32bit cpu
and memory using resistors, diodes, and transistors. My algebra teacher
caught me working on non assigned work in class and just about cleaned
my clock in front of the rest of the class. When she finished ranting
and raving, she demanded to know what I was working on. A hardware
subtractor with all the logic equations and circuit diagrams was not
what she expected. It was the only thing that saved me from a trip to
the principles office. The first few flip flops I built did not work,
mostly due to me, some due to their being Bell System rejects from
carrier units my dad liberated from work. It would take another 9 years
before I could wire wrap my first 6800 system with a whopping 512 bytes
of ram.