Re: knock sensor/solid cam

The reason for asking was, I already have a motor with solid cam and will be adding FI with syty computer.  I plan on getting the timing table accurate so a KS isn't needed, and didn't even plan on installing one to start with, but wanted to know if I did install a KS would it work or cause problems.
---
Jeffrey Scott
JWS6367@mailcity.com
NWSTP founding member (1of2)
ICQ #25436277
92 ty#1295  black/black
67 Camaro
63 Nova
http://www.geocities.com/baja/dunes/9423

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:48:16   nacelp wrote:
>There really ain't too much to be gained over a good hydralic, for the
>street.  If racing ya oughta have calibrated it better and not rely on the
>KS.
>  I've had several cammed motors work fine, and a couple that were
>absolutely impossible not to ignore the KS.
>  Remember only in the losest of terms is it a KS.  It's a microphone, and
>any generator of the right frequency sets it off.  I've had a serpentine
>belt cause a false signal
>Grumpy
>

>> Has anyone used a knock sensor on a solid cam engine?  Will it have a lot
>of False knock, or is the freq. different than the filter picks as knock?
>> Jeffrey Scott
>> JWS6367@mailcity.com

MailCity. Secure Email Anywhere, Anytime!
http://www.mailcity.com