Re: Desensitizing GM knock sensors

Shannen is right.
The fact that the knock is detected as you hit 100 KPA, strongly
suggests that it's not a false signal...  Did going to much higher
octane fuel reduce the severity?  As he also mentioned pulling
a bunch of timing out of it as you near 100KPA is a good idea.
If it reduces the knock spike, you'd better not "deafen" your sensor.
BTW, its not unusual for a fastburn style chamber to require less
than 20 deg of timing under boost.
MV