Re: Desensitizing GM knock sensors

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, nacelp wrote:

> The if problem isn't false knock, then fix the cause of the knock.  Or
> ignore it, and blow up the engine.  10PSI, and 9.4, that will be hard to
> fix.  Try 6 and see where ya are.
> You talk to the people that sold you that S/C?.
> 9.4, on a N/A can be a headache.
> 383, what for cam?.
> Might check cam timing.
> You also way out of calibration room.  You meantion 100 KPa.  You should
> have a 2 bar MAP and get things right.  Course as things stand now I don't
> know anyone with a 2 bar calibration (program) for a LT1.
> Grumpy

Actually Bruce, 9.4 on a LT1 with a blower is not that much of a
problem.    There are people that run (and it is on the edge) the
stock 10.4 comp with 6 psi blowers without any timing retard, and
don't get enough knock to destroy the stock pistons.   And that is on
93 octane gas not the much better stuff.

Part of the LT1 designe allows for .5 or so greater comp ratios before
you have knock over a non-LT1 engine.  Or at least that was something
that GM claimed.

			Roger