Fuel prices / efficiency

Just got finished listening to a ranting from a co-worker regarding
duplicate charges on his credit card from a popular fuel station (sunoxx)
that sells 94 octane fuel. He has been going around and around with them and
they finally admitted that there was a widespread problem with this
happening. I put this here so you all can check your credit card charges
lately. Someone even said (hearsay) the "Y2" word was involved.

ON-Topic:  I'm building a gas guzzler just as high octane has gone from 1.22
to 1.65 in 3 weeks!  I see "economy mode" advertised on some of those 16-way
selector chips. I know there is stuff in DIY archives on efficiency but
heres my understanding, please correct / add:

-Go for 15 or even 16:1 AFR at light cruise - just don't abuse the car with
this setup and you're ok.
-160 degrees Coolant temp is still better than 180 or 200 for economy
-higher fuel pressure (for better low load spray pattern) hurts economy at
idle unless you can tune the idle PW waay down.
-low tire pressure bad bad bad
-loose convertors bad for economy  - Lock it up earlier -?
-good excuse for installing a supercharger - payback is sooner at those gas
prices!