From: nacelp <nacelp@bright.net>
To: gmecm@diy-efi.org <gmecm@diy-efi.org>
Date: Friday, February 18, 2000 12:29 PM
Subject: Re: Desensitizing GM knock sensors

> > The if problem isn't false knock, then fix the cause of the knock.  Or
> > ignore it, and blow up the engine.  10PSI, and 9.4, that will be hard to
> > fix.  Try 6 and see where ya are.
> > You talk to the people that sold you that S/C?.
> > 9.4, on a N/A can be a headache.
> > 383, what for cam?.
> > Might check cam timing.
> > You also way out of calibration room.  You meantion 100 KPa.  You should
> > have a 2 bar MAP and get things right.  Course as things stand now I
don't
> > know anyone with a 2 bar calibration (program) for a LT1.
> > Grumpy

His is a 383, meaning stroker, poorer rod geometry.
Starts effecting timing, and I'll lay ya odds about timing and compression
changes needed.
10 to 6 PSI of boost is worlds away in my book.
It's been well over a year ago but I went around, and around, with some guys
on what to do with their stroker vortec (LT1).
Last e-mail was they were going back to 6 PSI, and different injectors,
after all kinds of tinkering.
This is just the mechanical end, there is still the issue of even having a
calibration that covers running conditions.
Grumpy