Re: Fuel prices / efficiency

I have had a street type (1" tube size) bypass on a fairly low boost application
(10-11psi), and it solved a lot of driveability problems I had with the car.
Honestly, the s/c drag on the motor is vastly overrated, especially for centrifugal
blowers that measure 15lb of boost or less.  I ran the car with the belt attached to
the blower, and the belt off, and mileage wise it didn't seem to make any significant
difference.  This was on a car that registered approx. 480hp at the rear wheels, and
still managed around 22-23mpg on the highway.

 Caveat:  some of the older blower designs, like the paxton ball drive, take up a lot
of power to overcome the ball friction.  The blower I used was a powerdyne blower,
which has dry ceramic bearings.  If you spin it by hand, it feels like it has almost
no friction whatsoever.  YMMV.

Daniel