Now Emulator was ---->RE: Debugger board for P4 ECMs

> Swayze wrote:
> >
> > would it be possible to use this as an 'emulator' to setup
> and 'tune' the
> > .bin  on the fly? If so I'm in.
>
> Walter Sherwin wrote:
> >
> > What steps, in general overview type terms,  would a person
> have to go
> > through in order to adapt this board as a plug-in style
> emulator within an
> > ECM/PCM controlling a running engine?
>
> It isn't an emulator.

If it's an emulator you wants... then it's an emulator I gots.

For those that have been around long enough, there was a lot of
discussion when this list got started about the perfect Emulator.

1. It would allow on the fly changes.
2. It wouldn't loose it's memmory when the battery was unhooked.
3. It would read the contents of a stock memcal, so you wouldn't need a
seperate Eprom reader.
4. Be small enough to fit inside a (pick your favorite ECM) case.

and it even has an ALDL interface built in.

I have it working here on the bench, but I would really like to stick it
in a running car before I have a pcb made. My only problem is it looks
like Y3K will be here before the GTO is running. Is there anyone in the
Portland Oregon area with a running testbed?

Please contact me offlist if you can help.
Thanks
Eric