Re: 1227748 schematic updated

steve ravet wrote:

> Is anyone driving around with a ZIF socket?  Is that appropriate for
> other than test benching?

Well, not at the moment....  I drove around a lot with a ZIF socket
installed in an underhood ECM (1227727).  It would on occasion
misbehave.  I am not sure if it was the adapter the socket was
mounted in or not.

Was a bit of a pain to open the hood, release the socket, move the
EPROM, and tighten down the ZIF again when it misbehaved.....
With something other than an underhood ECM, your results may be
much better.  The EPROM in this case was directly exposed to
the underhood environment.

Now running with a re-programmed GM EPROM and just changing it
every few days after collecting data.  No problems.

Scot Sealander