Re: Speedometer - transparent first-surface reflector needed!

I'm not sure if this helps, but in 89 and 90, the first HUDs went on the
Grand prixs as an option, and on turbo GP's standard. the glass on the turbo
GP was this special type I guess cause it costs $700 to replace today. a
sticker comes on it "polished for HUD"...

I know on the later cars equipped with HUD there is a PATCH of glass where
the HUD shines, insted of the whole windshield being polished. maybe the
early windshield was only ploished and this one had the special material...

anyway, my third source may be only in my head, I thought I saw a sticker
like thing on the windshields of a 95 or so grand prix.  maybe they thought
it was good nuff, maybe its more correct than what you are talking about.

I started a project to take the ALDL and push a certain byte to a pair of
7-seg LCD's for a gerry-rig HUD. It was for the buick GN.. I had the stream
reading accurately - needed to keep going but the car started shaking and
spewing black smoke and I had to dump it on some sucker......  JUST KIDDING
BRUCE!  get up off the floor now ;-))     .

Last I'll say, on the subject of cool instrumentation, I once saw a triple
guage LCD setup specifically for automotive use on a website. the first
guage was 360 degrees around, the other 2 were 150 degrees or something. the
LCD came with drivers for uP use. I thought that was cool. I'm sorry I dont
have info on its maker. It was a flat panel about 3" by 5". I dont think it
was masked, I think it was totally pixel graphical.

thats 4 posts for me, another friday night ;-(