Re: Lt1 Optispark

> I'm sure this has been beat to death time and time again, but what's the
difficulty in building a custom DIS box?

Just takes time effort and money.  Your right it's not rocket science.
Getting a system to work with all gm components, or using a DIS with a Dissy
type ecm is a trick so far.

What parts do you need... a crank wheel, a box to select the right coil and
8 coils.  The ECM still says "fire now", all you have to do is figure out
which coil is getting fired.  I would think the factory LT1 optispark could
be used for computer compatibility, and couldn't a parallel shift register
be used to select the coil number, along with a TDC reset line?

The optispark would probably be the hardest to do IMHO.  sorting out all the
differnent signal lenghts would be a trick.  To me it would be easier to use
an existing Dissy, and add another sensor, for the sych sifgnal.

  I'd think this could be done without even a custom programmed module.
Same thought with a Batch-fire to SEFI fuel injection system, maybe even
done in the same box.  Am I totally off the wall here?

For better ignition that is worth the work least to me.  On the SEFI, why?.
Unless running large injectors, the stock ecm handles it just fine.
Grumpy