Re: curious about sfi

Swayze wrote:

> I understand that above 3000rpm I wouldn't be able to tell the
> difference between sfi and batch. If however the circuitry is
> relatively inexpensive..why not?

The circuitry is _not_ relatively inexpensive.  You can't just route the
ECM's injector signal to the desired cylinder like with DIS.  The
injectors need to be able to stay on for far longer than one cylinder's
worth of crank time.  At any given time, the number of injectors firing
might be zero, one, two, three, on up to the total number of injectors.
You need a timer chip in the ECM that works with two times the number of
cylinders worth of on/off times.