VR Sensors

I'm looking for a GM VR crank sensor to use with my EFI332.  I'm told that almost
any VR sensor will work,  but need a little more info that before I can go to the
parts store.  Although they may all be very similar electrically,  I can imagine
there are many different mounting configurations for all the different
applications.  I'm intending to build a bracket and mount it externally on the
front of the engine.

Any suggestions?  GM part numbers and vehicle applications would be helpful.

Thanks,

Bill