#INTRO: New List Member

Hi there,
Just a quick introduction to the list. My name is Malcolm Robb, I live in
England, and I own a Vauxhall Lotus Carlton, also sold as an Opel Lotus
Omega in mainland Europe. This car has a GMP4 MPFI ECU in it, and I have
been trying to get diagnostic information on it for a couple of years now.
There is nothing wrong with it at the moment (so far as I am aware) but the
car is now approaching 10 years old, and the amount of knowledge in general
circulation seems to be very low.

I have a Tech1A scan tool, and several cartridges for it, but as yet I
don't have the correct one for my car. I need the " Vauxhall/ Opel
1990-1991 Lotus Carlton ECU" part number 90 397 228. If anyone can help me
obtain one (or a copy of the EPROM inside it) then I would be eternally
grateful.

I am intending to extract the ECU from the car at lunchtime today, with the
aim of noting down any part & serial numbers on it, and copying the ECU's
EPROM's. I see that the list's website has some other GMP4 EPROM contents
posted on it, so if someone lets me know how to do it, I can send them my
ECU stuff as well.

I hope I'm on the right list for this sort of information. If not, please
let me know where to go, and ditto if I'm breaking any posting rules.

Cheers,
Malcolm Robb, LC 0112G