Signal generator for ecm bench

Now that I am working on an ecm bench to test a few things with regard
to running two controllers in parallel (LT1 PCM and SEFI8LO), I need a
function generator to give me things like crank and vss signals.  After
a couple hours in the message archives I decided to make a run to Radio
Shack to find a book to get the 555 Timer IC Circuits book.  This looks
to have the circuit(s) I need to build, but wouldn't you know, all of
the stores in my district don't have it (this is what the local store
manager told me after searching her computer).  So, instead of driving
all over the west end of PA to get a $2 book, I wonder if anyone has a
schematic that would be useful to me instead.  Being an ME, I have
limited EE capabilities, but at least can read schematics fairly well.
Building is not a problem...designing and understanding are.

Thanks.
--
Scott Knight  mailto:scott@scottknight.com
http://www.scottknight.com/ IRC:SS396man