Re: 4L60E Trans controller

> I'd opt for the Speed Pro T-Com aftermarket trans computer.

Kinda kills the fun of even having a gmecm list then doesn't it?.

It's a
> stand-alone unit that's programmable via laptop, and allows for
programming
> of shift points, line pressure, converter lockup, and many other
> driveability features. I did an installation on a 99 T/A, and differences
> are dramatic. The coolest part is that I've programmed it to be real
subtle
> under 75 % throttle position, then past that point, all of the changes
> (revised shift points, increased line pressure, etc.) kick in, and the
trans
> gives a real Jekyll and Hyde attitude to the car. I recommend it highly.

I just got looking around some of the editing stuff I got, and the tunercat
editots for the PCMs I have include that.  I'll also, bet, that it cost me a
heck of a lot less then what you got in one car, that I can use in as many
cars as I want (that use the same pcm) by editing their pcms, rather then
throwing money at the problem.
  Just for instance,  Tunercat about $100, Needhams burner program $200,
couple new memcals (as in the case of the 8625), $100.  Now for a total of
$400 I can do all the engine and tranny stuff for a 8625 that I want.  If
instead of the spare memcals, I get a prom emulator then I can do the
laptop, instant (probably need to do a reboot for getting a cheap emulator)
reprogram for $200.

   I'm sure Ken Kelly's carputing would do something along these lines.
   The GMEPRO for PCMs also contains the tranny shift editing.  What is
kinda neat about GMEPRO, is that you can refine, edit, and create your own
editing programs, so that if you say want to just do fuel, and WOT fuel, you
can make a file just for those items, and have your laptop + emulator, and
go out and dial in changes is just moments, and be off again.   I'm sure the
flash stuff is even easier, just I haven't had a car to play with yet.

I've used GMEPRO, and Tunercat stuff, and have no problems referring people
to them.  I do have some other stuff, that well, really isn't cost
effective, and trying to get a response from the seller is a waste of
time...  I can't comment on Ken Kellys stuff, from a users viewpoint.
  And, I can get junkyards pcms and ecms for alot less, then a replacement
what ever your selling costs.
Grumpy
Leader of CSH, HQ