Re: 4L60E Trans controller

I am effectively going to use the factory PCM in my Impala to run the
trans.  Actually, I am only taking injector and ignition duties away
from the PCM, but that only leaves the trans, cooling fans, speedo, A/C
and idle control.  Fans and idle control could be taken care of with the
aftermarket engine controller leaving the PCM to really only do the
trans, speedo and A/C (which isn't much).

As I dig into it, I am sure I will learn a whole lot more, but for now,
it appears that besides the wires running into the trans itself, the PCM
only needs VSS, TPS, CTS, PNP switch (park/neutral), brake switch and
fluid temp (possibly only for 5.7L PCMs).  Seems this would make a
pretty economical and simple stand alone trans controller.  Not as sexy
as the Speed Pro, but certainly capable enough for about any app that I
can think of.

What remains to be seen is how nice the two controllers play with each
other while sharing TPS and MAP sensors.  So far it looks like they are
going to be fine.

Later dates.
--
Scott Knight  mailto:scott@scottknight.com