Re: Big cams are better

Off road?  I don't need no stinkin' off road!

I went to an emisions tester here.  He had a '64 Chevy truck and it's 283
spread over a work bench.  Asked him about what was legal on my '70
Camaro.  He looked it up and said, "Damn, you could run a blower through
the hood on that thing."  And I don't have to worry about tail pipe
sniffs here.  Everything before '75 is exempt. <Big Grin>

I thought the 214 limit was trying to run the ECM in a stock
configuration.  But I sure ain't no expert.  Now that brought back a
memory.  There was a guy on the list awhile back who worked for or owned
a company selling plans to use Geo engines in planes.  He advocated using
an op amp circuit to alter the signal of the MAP.

But, the problem is going to be the fluctuation, but Mr Parmer's
suggestion of using the piping may help dampen the fluctuations.

>Any idea how "big" a Crane Fireball is?  Advertised 296d/296d with .449
>lift and Rhoades lifters.

My Crane  Commander cam is advertised as a dual pattern 280/284 with .510
lift and 112 overlap.  It's a major rump/rump.

My wife drove it to a drive-in one time with the kids.  She said every 16
yo 21 year old male head swiveled to it when she drove up.  She asked,
"what is it with the car and boys/men?"

And what does the hac do?