730/727 instead of 7747... Has it been done?

Right now my 89 bird is still running the stock tbi ecm. A 7747 would be
easy but im always up for a challenge. Not to mention the excel graphs my
buddy with a 91 GTA makes with diacom .gdf's blow my mind.  Slow 'puters are
no fun.
Id also like the better 'puter because I have a complete TPI setup. Im
having visions of the fuel rail from it sitting on my single plane dancing
in my head for the future.
Wiring looks to be a bit of a headache..
Has anyone conquered this?
Checked the archives, couldnt find a thing

Pablo