Re: 4L60E Trans controller

>> The other driveability issues I refer to include shift overlap, part
>> throttle shift, and an option to engage overdrive between gears, if you'd
>> like to use it as a gear splitter. A connection is also included that
>would
>> permit paddle-type shifters to bang through all 6 possible gear ranges
>> (that's 3 gears plus overdrive after each).
>
>shift overlap?.  What do yoiu mean by that?.
>
>engage overdrive between gears.  During the gear change engage the TCC?. For
>what reason?.
>It's really not a gear splitter, just eliminates the converter slippage.  A
>flip flop and toggle switch I think would get you the same thing.
>
>I don't see issues, just novel (?) options.  Still nothing that editing a
>pcm with available hardware doesn't get you, at a lot less cost.
>Grumpy

Allison has had by far the longest practice and best reliability with TCC's
and control strategies for them. Best results/coolest tranny, by far,
results from engaging the TCC once the vehicle is moving in the first gear,
then "tapping" the TCC  (disengaging it briefly) during each shift, either
up or down. Of course--you have to spend some money for a TCC unit that
will take this sort of usage!

Greg (Likes his 450 lb., iron case, six speed MT-42 just fine!!) (Which is
rated at (a conservative) 485 foot-Clydesdale turds in deep gear together
with a 3.5:1 converter multiplication ratio on top of its 5.29 first!)