RE: 4L60E Trans controller

Shift overlap refers to part-throttle upshifts and part-to-no throttle
downshifts. They had to be soft in the car I was working on.

I engage the TCC as early as possible. In a performance application, I may
engage it as early as 30mph. No slippage is a good thing. This allows the
overdrive to be used as a true gear splitter in my application.

You may call it novelty. For a true daily-driven street car that sees equal
time at the dragstrip, road course, and has a programmable nitrous system,
these novelties have become valuable tuning tools. I've dialed this 99 T/A
into running 11.90 on Toyo street tires, the same tires it pulls over 1.0g
in the corners on. Your novelty is my necessity, and I was simply hoping to
share the benefits of this tool with others here.