Re: 89 F-body ECU file = 89 Y-body ECU file?

> Which is my point..  I believe I saw a quote in the archives that a "30-40
> hp gain" was achived going from MAF to MAP.. My data doesn't seem to
> support this and more to the point that for a 400hp or less motor they
> are probably equal..

That number (30-40) was in reference to a healthy GN, and at the moment I
can't remember the HP realm.  I;ve very curious as to what your research
shows...

Given that I've already programmed over 60 chips
> for the MAP system and only for fuel tuning so far, I can't blindly
> recommend MAP over MAF for ease of tuning..

I was at like 420 on my 747.  The WOT even with that much work in it still
needed some refining.  I don't think anyone can say what works for them will
always work best for others.  The is a guy round here that really really
like his MAF system, and while I don't get his passion for it, it works for
him.

> >   How did the different knock sensors, seem to correspond?.  ie the 165
any
> >better worse then the 730s?.  That would be a interesting note.......
> >BTW,  **congrats, excellent work, and glad you shared it with us**!!!...

> I alluded to the timing data because the MAP is not advanced (timing) as
> much as the MAF setup is.  The later MAP runs did have 1.5 and 3.0 deg adv
> more than the first MAP runs at WOT, but still not as much as the MAF
chip..
> (tune for fuel, then for spark.. Isn't that the saying.. 8-)

Yep.

 I do hope
> to get faster times from the MAP (and revised air intake), but I don't
> think the difference will be 30-40 hp and the amount of time/chips spent
> tuning the MAP has to be considered in any recomendation..

Maybe so, time will tell.  You will be amazed what fine points can add up
to.  Sometimes it's just consistancy.

> I'm trying to borrow a G-tech for further MAP tuning, but since I've
noticed
> a Deputy Sheriff following me around now I guess I need to curb too many
> WOT tests... 8-{

Heavens yes..    Might make a timer that works off of the VSS.  RS stopwatch
$20, and 20 for misc chips can be a handy item.  I think I mentioned what I
didi in the tuning.doc..
Grumpy