Re: VE stability

JTesta1966@aol.com wrote:

>>  it idles. This seems to fix the BLM creep at idle.

> What is this? Does it merely raise idle? Does it lock the blm? Please explain
> to this :"grasshopper"

No, it does not raise idle.  It does not lock the BLM.  The engine
compartment has less airflow when sitting still, so this is just an
adder to the air temp to overcome this heat soak.  It keeps the BLM
steady at idle.  This is for an SD ECM only.  The MAF does not have this
problem.  It really just solves a minor problem when you are trying
to get the cal closer and closer to the ideal.

> Ok, why? Is it because after the vapors are expelled from the canister, the
> purging is seen as a vacuum leak?

If at low load when the purge first comes on, the ECM drops the BLM to
overcome the added fuel from the cannister.  When you try to cover the
"hole", you can get the BLM to stop taking out fuel there.  But when
purge is done, it adds fuel to make up for the hole.  The first couple
times I did this, I forgot the CP was still enabled.

> Is that the reason for many or the multiplers that although appear redundant,
> do little adjustments? Of is what you're refering to in the actual rom?

I am not sure what cal you are talking about.  The Buick ECM does not
adjust for load, if I remember correctly....

Scot Sealander