Re: MAP signal damping/more cam help

At 09:40 AM 3/13/2000, you wrote:

I recall old mechanics that used to reply to how a new or rebuilt motor
should be broke in and they would say "Ahh, just drive it like you plan to
and it will break in just fine".  But I believe that even a properly fueled
engine would benefit from having a respectable break-in period exercised
that allows the rings to break-in properly and as fast as safely possible as
the best choice.  I know that a few here on this list have said that GM

My father owns a garage in California, and when I was 19, I rebuilt my first car's engine. New rings/pistons/hot cam/triple valve springs/bigger carb/aftermarket manifold/headers etc all in one shot. Got it done, and my dad said take it easy for the first 500 miles... Drove about 2 miles nicely, and decided if it wouldn't take it then, It never would. Revved it to 7000 RPM and dumped the clutch and kept my foot to the floor thru all 4 gears... Rubber thru 1st and 2nd and a bit into 3rd, backed out at about 90MPH. Did that 2 or 3 more times on the way home. Put over 100,000 miles on that old beast and never burned a drop of oil between 3000 mile changes. Did blow 2 transmissions out of it and scatter a differential though... All with a 1.6L 4 cyl Pinto!!!