Re: MAP signal damping/more cam help

> << hat allows the rings to break-in properly and as fast as safely
possible as
>  the best choice.  I know that a few here on this list have said that GM
>  programming is at times a bit lame (I can also attest to that ;-) and we
>  enjoy making it better, same for after one of us spends 2 to 5 grand for
>  good performance rebuild (or more), that we want what is best for our
engine
>  and respect following a sensible break-in approach.  There can be no
>  arguing that new rings generate a bit of friction at first start up and
>  until they finally  >>
>
> I dont recall on which ECM's, but MOST if you scan them theres an "E-Cell
> Expired" parameter, which was for breakin. I dont know what parameters
were
> different, but if you can find in the rom code (or wherever it might have
> been) what was mod'd you could possible burn a "break in" chip?
>
> Jim Testa

I can believe that, I bought a new Turbo Grand Prix back in 1990 and
unfortunately on the very first drive, needed all she had to get out of the
way of a State Tropper on a serious high speed pursuit, tried to get ahead
and then off to the left when there was finally a clearing, car would not go
above 80 mph at WOT and that was it (hit over 150 mph a few months later
;-).  I know the chip has a, first time to hit high boost limit with WOT
timer/engine temp limit that makes you warm up the engine before it will
allow full throttle bashing, to be nice and not allow you to heat shock cold
mechanicals to hard.  The point of breaking in and treating your engine is a
valid point, yea you can immediately rag on a new motor, and if it don't
break or complain later, must be OK but, I know a friend who blew a head
gasket and ran for over a year with glycol in his oil, his engine continued
to run, was still fast but when we took out the engine, found the bearings
to be trashed and as well, his custom $2,100 Moldex billet crank (got it
cleaned up with over size bearings but).  He did not like it when he saw it
but until it was seen, the unseen seemed just fine.  We all want better for
our projects or pride-and-joys and a little extra care is worth the patience
I think.

Jeff M