RE: 91 Lotus Carlton ECU

If I knew what the 'OB mask' is I would answer your question. At a guess,
you are on about Broadcast codes, but since I don't know what they are
either, I still can't help. If you let me know what to look for (either
inside or outside the ECU), I'll see if I can find out.

The ECU is not in the engine bay, but behind the passenger side glove box,
and it is a real git to get out. The 4 big multipole connectors do have
seals on them, but I doubt the unit is water proof. But I'm not driving my
car into a river to find out for you ! <g>

The ignition uses a wasted spark DIS with 3 ignition coils. The individual
coils look very like the ones in the diagram in Lt5dis05.jpg on the ftp
site, although obviously there are only 3 of them.

If you need any other info on what sensors the ECU uses, let me know. Also,
I do have the workshop service manual for the car, which contains about 100
pages of info on diagnosing with a Tech1 scanner via the ALDL port (which
is under the bonnet, not under the dash !!) This includes details on
trouble codes,BLM and nominal ECU values. The problem is I only have it in
paper form, and I can't work up the enthiusiasm to scan it all in, create a
PDF, and post it on the ftp site. If you think you could use the info, let
me know and I'll try and get more enthusiastic.

I guess (from the times on most of your EMAILS) that most of you are
stateside of the pond. So when it comes to sharing information, just think
how lucky you are. You have the "freedom of information act", whereas we
have the "data protection act". This means I can't even get official
information on what my name is, never mind what a memcal is !! I don't
credit people by name on public lists just incase what they tell me
privately is 'secret'. So please don't take offence if you were one of the
people that helped me with my earlier postings.

Cheers,
Malcolm Robb, LC 0112G
A certified nutcase and Turbo freak