VSS differences for 746 to 730 swap

Hey all,
Lemme preface with IM SURE THIS HAS BEEN GONE OVER but the archives have
been down for some time it seems so forgive me.

I want to swap to a 730/727 on my 89 firebird running TBI. As I stated in
the last post that was ignored :) Ive figured out all the pins that need to
be changed.. etc etc.. pretty much know how to wire it up. Its a peice of
cake..  The one difference i see is VSS. I know there is a guy on the list
who did the 165 - 730 swap and lists something about a custom prom neccesary
for vss function in his list of pinout changes.
Looking at the diagram i have the VSS seems to have a power wire seperate
from the ecm and a ground shared with the power steering switch and gear
selector switch on the 746 ecm (im guessing). The 727/730 is just an in and
out deal from the vss.
I suppose if it came down to it i could swap the VSS out but id rather not
do that cause im a poor student
I know someone out there knows this

Thanks
Pablo